Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twilight!

I've been in such huge anticipation of the Twilight movie for so long, and when it opened last Friday night my waiting finally came to an end! I went with my sisters-in-law Sara, Hayley and Fabiana and we had an awesome girls' night out. We ate at the Olive Garden beforehand, went to see the movie (where we were joined by my brother-in-law Jon....YAY for open-minded men!) and then we went to Village Inn to get dessert and gab about the movie afterward. It was a fabulous night!

After seeing the movie, it felt a little bit like Christmas was over! I had been looking forward to it so long, I didn't really know what to do with myself. My answer? See the movie again! On the following Monday I went with my mom and brother Zane (yay for men again!) and his wife Amber, none of whom had seen it yet. I enjoyed it just as much if not more the second time, because I could really pay attention to the little details.

All around, I can definitely say I loved the movie! I went into it basically having made the decision to try and look at it as just a movie, and not judge it too harshly in comparison to the book. I knew it would be hard not to knitpick, and I forced myself to accept beforehand that the movie would probably differ greatly from the book in many ways.

However...even though I've been trying not to knitpick, that doesn't mean that I don't! I definitely have my qualms about some things in the movie. There were lots of important little details or lines from the book that I wish they would have included in the movie somehow...many I think would have been rather easy to include. The more I think about the missing elements, the more I come up with, and the more unhappy I get. So, I'm trying not to dwell on them. I still loved the movie, as a movie. It stayed true to the most essential elements of the story, and I really enjoyed myself while watching it, and that's what counts!

Now I'm looking forward impatiently to the time they will release the DVD! I hope it has lots of extras and any scenes they cut out (I personally thought the movie was a tad short and that they could have gotten away with making it a bit longer). And I'm very excited about the next movie, New Moon. That was my least favorite book of the four, but I am actually really looking forward to seeing how they spin it into a movie. I didn't get into the Twilight books until just this last summer, right before the last book came out, so I really kind of missed all the hype and frenzy surrounding the release of the all the books. So, I guess I'm compensating by obsessing over the movies now! If you know me, I've always been obsessed with movies anyway. =)

And I might not be able to wait for the DVD...I may just have to go see Twilight one more time before it goes out of theaters!

1 comment:

S&J Jones Family said...

I think I liked the movie, lol. There were so many screaming GIRLS that I really need to go see it again to make sure, lol :) I deffinetly liked the book better though.