Friday, November 7, 2008

"Thomas, What Are You Gonna Be?"


"A BIG BROTHER!!!"

Yep, its true! This is a game we play around our house a lot lately, as we are expecting Baby #2! Our families have known for quite some time and we have leaked the news to a few of our friends, but I am finally getting around to making the "public announcement." We are very excited about becoming a family of four! Baby Laidlaw is set to make his or her debut on or around April 22, 2009. I turned 16 weeks this past week, which puts me right around 4 months along. I am very happy to be past the first trimester and done with feeling nauseous and tired a lot of the time...although, I can't complain too much, as it wasn't too terribly bad and could definitely have been a lot worse! My pregnancy thus far has been very similar to my pregnancy with Thomas...the sickness was about the same, and my cravings have been very similar too...I'm all about hearty, meaty foods and cheese! (Statement from my last entry: "Chili is one of my big things right now." Same thing with Thomas!) I have lots of fun theorizing on what gender we will be having, but its a little torturous as well, because I have no intuitive feelings about it at all! With Thomas I was absolutely sure he was a boy from the very start...I always thought my first child would be a son. This time I'm on the complete flip-side...I am clueless! But my anticipation will soon come to an end, as our ultrasound is scheduled for December 2nd. I can hardly wait! I will admit that I'm hoping for a girl...whenever I go to any store and stray toward the baby section I drool over all things pink and girly! It would be great to even up the teams in our house. =) But, I will be 100% thrilled and happy if its another boy...I would love Thomas to have a little brother for a buddy, and I have certainly loved having a boy the first time around! And, like every mother says, really all I want is a healthy baby. Either way, I am just incredibly impatient to know for sure! Let's just hope this little one is not shy during the ultrasound. =)

Its been fun talking to Thomas about the baby. Whenever we play the "What are you gonna be?" game, he usually throws his arms in the air like he's celebrating a touchdown and shouts his answer! Sometimes he whispers it. Its so cute! We talk to him about a baby being in mommy's tummy, how the baby will come to live with us in the house, etc., but I'm not sure he completely grasps the idea yet. The shirt he's wearing in the pictures was part of the way we broke the news to Ryan. I put the shirt on Thomas and decided to wait however long it took for Ryan to notice what it said when he got home from work that day. I thought Ryan would notice it right away, but 5 minutes went by, he hadn't noticed, and I was so excited I didn't have any patience at all! So I clued him in, saying, "Do you notice anything different about Thomas?" After assessing whether Thomas had a new hair cut, he finally saw the shirt. He was thrilled! (Although, based on circumstances, he kind of already knew and suspected, so it wasn't a giant surprise for him. But it was still fun though!) We are both looking forward to being the mommy and daddy of another sweet little newborn!

I am planning on being better with the whole "baby bump photos" thing this time around, since realizing I have only one or two good photos of me pregnant with Thomas. I didn't think I would want photos of my ballooning self that first time around, but I totally regret it now! As soon as I enlist someone besides me to handle the camera and I get a decent pic, I will post it.

So here's to the countdown! April seems like a long time from now, but I know the months will fly by. Hopefully, if nothing else, those last hard months will! =) I can't wait to meet my new son or daughter!

19 comments:

Luvnbnamom said...

Well here is my official Congratualtions!!! I cant wait to find out what your having!

Lindz said...

CONGRATS!! That is such exciting news! Thomas looks so excited to be a big brother!! =)

Erika said...

how exciting!!! congratulations :) two is so much fun. :) I love the shirt idea.

Karen said...

Congratulations Cuz!!! I'm so excited for you! Hey you could have the baby a coule of days early and have it on McKenzie and Madisynns b day! =) Glad you're feeling good.

Stacy said...

Congrats Darci! I am so excited for you guys. Hope everything goes well for you.

Hannah said...

Congrats Darci! I can't wait to see those baby bump pictures :)

KyleandAmanda said...

Darci- Congrats! I am so excited for you and glad that you are feeling better! I was just like you when I first got pregnant with Kasen I knew he was going to be a boy. Then when I was pregnant with Addie I had no idea, so maybe it's a girl:) Good luck!

Brooke said...

First Catherine, Then Kathy, and now you! Congratulations. I think almost all my old friends are pregnant right now.

kathy said...

Congrats Laidlaws! It is such exciting news, and it's great that Thomas is so happy to have a little bro/sis. It's so fun that we are expecting at the same time. :)

Afton said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I can't believe all three of you are expecting at the same time. Maybe Brooke and I will have to see what we can do. :)

chingchong7 said...

Congrats Darci, I was starting to wonder when you guys were going to try for baby #2 now that Thomas is getting older. How exciting. Keep us posted!

robbienmeri said...

Congratulations Darci! That is so exciting. I'm growing very impatient about finding out the sex of the baby too. Just less than a week left for me though. Good luck with everything!

Joni said...

I stumbled onto your blog this week...Congratulations! Thomas is so grown up now. He'll be a great big brother!

Eric and Hayley said...

So I've been a bit of a slacker w/reading blogs lately as I've been SO busy at work...but I have to laugh at this, b/c when I first read the shirt, I saw blue and brother and thought..."They are having another boy!" and I was going to write you a comment about how you'll have to hold off on using the pretty girly quilt for another baby :( but then as I read further I realized my error. Glad I waited before making my comment and feeling a bit silly! Dec. 2nd get here already!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats! i think its going to be a girl!

Mrs. J said...

Congrats! I am really excited for you!

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Congratulations! We are in the same boat. I am due April 16 and it's another boy! Glad you are feeling better. That part of pregnancy is no fun at all!

Steph said...

Congrats Darcy!! That is very exciting! Love the big brother tee, very cute! He is looking like such a handsome big boy now!!

Heather and Trevor said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! YOu are such a great mommy! Keep us posted! :)