Monday, September 28, 2009

Lovable, Imaginary Blokes


The other day I stayed up late into the evening to watch the lovely and gloriously long film featuring the gentleman above. And then today I watched it again, but fast-forwarded through to my favorite parts.

It was a joyous thing.

Oh, Mr. Darcy.

Do you ever feel sad that fictional characters are...fictional? Its easy to convince myself the man might have actually existed when his story is set 200 years ago and half a world away. But the sad truth is that a Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley never wooed a Miss Elizabeth Bennet. He is the captivating figment of a brilliant woman's imagination, and nothing more.

Fiction breaks our hearts. Why do we like fiction? Its lies, all lies I say! =)

Nonetheless, I'm becoming more and more impatient for a new film featuring a fictional literary heartthrob from our generation, represented by the gentleman below. Mock me if you will, but I cannot wait!


1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm excited too, although he does not represent the Edward in the books for me. And I need to watch that Pride and Prejudice again. :) I like the new one as well.