Monday, March 1, 2010

The Computer and I

Around 7 pm

still awaiting

the hubby's return from the day

my toddler is watching cartoons

and I slip into the office

to squeeze in a few minutes of email-checking

and blog-stalking

while wrestling the baby on my lap

with one arm.

The baby wriggles and grabs

at everything in sight

so I relent

and place him on the ground.

Then I have T minus thirty seconds

before he tries to escape

underneath the desk

to check out the garbage can

and power cords

or

he discovers the stack of Daddy's rolled-up houseplans

stuffed in a corner

and threatens to rip them up

or

he escapes into the living room

where his big brother will no doubt

tackle him

(affectionately)

until he cries

and I go to rescue him.

And when I go to take the baby away

his big brother begs,

"I wanna hode 'im!"

And I let big brother give his little buddy

one more hug

until I must remove him

so he doesn't suffocate.

Then I escape into the office

to steal a couple more minutes

with the baby in my arms

and it all begins again.


...I really need to get a laptop.

1 comment:

kathy said...

I love it! Except for the older brother part, I think I know this routine, too :)