Thursday, June 12, 2008

It Begins

About an hour ago I put Thomas down for a nap. When I go to lay him down he always says "tummy" because he prefers to sleep on his stomach. Its so cute because he lays exactly the way I used to before I got pregnant: on his stomach, with his arms tucked under him. I've never been able to get comfortable sleeping that way again since pregnancy...I got thoroughly trained into side-sleeping I guess! Anyway, when I laid him down he put his hands up by his mouth with his face down in his hands. Then he must have blown out some air or sighed loudly or something, because he blew a strong, clear, bonafide fart sound on his hands! He's never done this, we have never shown him this and it happened completely by coincidence! He erupted with laughter and of course continued to do it over and over again. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud because I didn't want to encourage him....he was supposed to be going to sleep! But it was so funny and cute how delighted he was at his discovery. Before I busted up laughing I decided to just go out and see if he would eventually get bored with it and fall asleep. But, his achievement had gotten him pretty excited and he just started talking and playing and jumping in his crib. I finally had to go in and lay him back down. He went to sleep that time, and here I sit!

So begin the days of my son amusing himself with fart noises. Oy. =)

3 comments:

Karen said...

That is so funny! Get used to it, he's a boy! That's what they do best!!! Hey how are you liking your new home?

Gertsch Family said...

That is to funny! Welcome to the world of boys where there is nothing more funny, or amuzing then the sound of a fart!

S&J Jones Family said...

Oh that is cute! He sounds like he was so proud of himself.