Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home, Finally!


I'm excited to announce that over Memorial Day weekend we finally moved into our new home! It is wonderful to finally be here and for all the waiting to be over. We have been in the building process for over a year (we got our lot in March of 2007!) and it was starting to feel like we would never be done. Now that we are finally moved in it feels a little surreal...Ryan and I keep looking around and telling each other we can't believe this is actually our house and we live here now! I absolutely love our home...its really a dream come true for both me and Ryan.

I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband. He has worked tirelessly...nights, weekends, every spare second...for a very long time, both in his regular job and as the general contractor for our house, in order to provide such an awesome home for his family. Ryan is the hardest working man I've ever known and I want to thank him for all he does for us...he is the whole reason this dream became a reality. I love you so much Ryan!

We also really love our new town of Saratoga Springs. We are so lucky to have a gorgeous view of Utah Lake, the Wasatch Mountains, and the city lights across the lake. We can even see the Mount Timpanogos temple, where we were married! Every day and night is beautiful here. Ryan had Memorial Day off and we were at home most of the day just unpacking and winding down from the big move. It was raining all day, but we thought it was actually very pretty...one of those cozy, comforting kind of rainy days. We turned on the fireplace and enjoyed looking out over the valley. In the evening we decided to go out to dinner, and as we drove we saw an awesome double rainbow over the whole valley...it was gorgeous and I was so sad that I didn't have my camera!

So, it was a great weekend, and I am so happy to be in my home sweet home!

Some of our family and friends have said they want to see photos of the house, so here's a slideshow of pictures that were taken before we moved in, when the house was clean and there weren't boxes everywhere. I'm so excited to get all unpacked and start decorating! =)

17 comments:

Erika said...

What a BEAUTIFUL house!! It looks like it came straight out of a magazine. Great job!

Unknown said...

That looks like a homeshow house. It's gorgeous! I'm so glad that you guys are finally in :).

KyleandAmanda said...

Your house is gorgeous! I am jealous of your bathroom and kitchen! They look awesome! Good luck with the move!

Jenna said...

It looks beautiful!

kathy said...

that is so exciting for you guys! It is such a pretty house.

Stacy said...

The house is gorgeous! It's like one from the parade of homes or ones that they show in magazines. I love the master bath and bedroom, and not to mention the big open kitchen! Hope you enjoy it!

The Favorite said...

WOW!!!!
That is such a beautiful home! I LOVE the dark wood and that deck in the back is HUGE!!! Great work! You totally deserve it. Hope all continues to go well.

April said...

WOW! Your home is so cozy! I love the rich colors and deep tones! You guys did an amazing job! What a view too! I am so happy and jealous!!!

Karen said...

I have been thinking about you guys this whole month wondering if you were all done with the house. I absolutely love it! It's beautiful, and you deserve it! I'm glad that you're finally all moved in. =)

Hannah said...

Wow! Seriously, those pics took my breath away! I love the dark wood molding throughout the house. It really looks like a masterpiece!

S&J Jones Family said...

It is sooo gorgeous! You have a lot of things that I want in my future settling down home! When that time comes I'll have to refer back to your pictures when they draw up the plans :) lol

Make sure to post pictures once you have all the furniture in and all decorated & stuff!

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh my! That is one of the prettiest houses I have ever seen! It loks like a dream home! Lucky ducks! We are so happy for you! :)

Afton said...

What an amazing house! I am so happy for you guys. ENJOY!!

Anonymous said...

how exciting and beautiful!! have fun moving in to your new home, it will be lots of fun!

Trina said...

i'm completely green! I look forward to the day we can have a home like that as well. But, in Arizona, houses are worth more than life it seems! Crazy! Huge congrats.

Gertsch Family said...

Looks like a party house to me:) I wish I lived closer so I could help you with all of your unpacking. I am so happy for you. You have a good husband. All of his hard work is paying off. Love the house it is awesome. What a view!

chingchong7 said...

WOW! You guys definitely upgraded!! LOVELY HOME! I love it love it!!!!!! It is beautiful. Well I found your blog off of Mindi's! Now I can keep up to date with the Laidlaw Family!! Come by and say hi to us at the mall!!!