Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lucky Girl

I'm excited to announce that there is a brand new member of the Kotter Family...Lucky the Puppy!

My 12-year-old brother Jared has been begging my parents for a dog for awhile now, and when my oldest brother Josh called from Blanding saying he knew someone giving away purebred lab puppies for free (!), my parents finally caved and decided to get one. Josh and his family arrived around 9 last Friday night for a weekend visit, and we were all so excited to see the little pup! She is absolutely adorable! Its so fun to play with her and watch her run and jump around in that cute puppy way. Though she definitely does all the normal naughty puppy things, I think Lucky is very sweet and not quite as rambunctious as some other puppies might be. She loves to play tug-of-war, nap in the grass (so cute!), and likes to be held and petted a lot, which I love! It won't be long before she'll be way too big to hold anymore, so we're enjoying her cute puppyness as much as we can while it lasts!

My family has a tradition of always having a black lab for our family dog. We've had quite a few over the years...Sadie was around when I was really little and I don't really have any memory of her. Sailor was the dog I grew up with and absolutely loved...he was actually a black lab, Australian shepherd and blue healer mix (but he just looked like a shorter, fatter black lab.) Then there was Shiloh, who we only had for a short time because he ran away. Then there was our last dog, our beloved Murphy. Murphy was technically my second youngest brother Travis' dog, but we all loved him so much. He was so sweet and mild-mannered. He eventually grew very old and sick, and in August of last year the family all agreed it was time to put him to sleep. It was hard on all of us, but he was suffering so much, we were glad to know that he was ok now. Maybe this is super-corny, but I definitely think we'll see him again someday, and our other dogs too...I totally believe all dogs go to Heaven!

We're so happy to have a family dog again! It will be so fun to watch Lucky grow up with all the grandkids and see the cute memories they'll make together. Though I don't think Ryan and I are ready for a dog of our own right now, I can't wait til we get one someday! I definitely want a lab, but I'm thinking yellow. I have always loved our black labs and they are really just as cute, but I am such a sucker for those little yellow lab puppies!

4 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

What a cute little puppy. I like labs. Kindermusic is a great idea...I need to get James into something like that! You are such a great mom!

Ali said...

Hey Darci, this is Ali Allen from your old byu married ward. You sent me your blog address awhile back, but I did not have a blog well now i do. Feel free to come and look at it, i would love to keep in touch. My address is tylerandaliallenfamily.blogspot.com. What a cute dog!

Karen said...

How adorable! I love puppies!!! I remember sailor, but I didn't know you guys had any more. It's so sad when dogs get sick and old. It's just like people. Remember our beagles and champ the cocker spanial? Champ we put to sleep because he was so old and full of cancer. Jazzy got hit by a car. Jackson got really bad diabeities, and we put him to sleep. Roxy was so old, and in so much pain that she was put to sleep a couple of years ago. It's so sad. I miss my doggies. I agree with you All dogs do go to heaven, and we will see them again!

Kotters said...

Hey Darci,

I tagged you. I know you won't have time for awhile, but I had to pick someone.

Jenise