Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Cold But Fun Labor Day!

For Labor Day we went up to a family get-together/potluck in Logan with my grandparents and relatives on my Dad's side. Most of my Kotter relatives live in Utah, so my Grandma and Grandpa Kotter are great at organizing these "mini-reunions" several times a year, usually around Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Christmas. Its great to see all my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids. It was fun to watch all the little kids running around and playing together. Its so weird that I and all my cousins are parents now! I still remember being the kids!

We had the luncheon at Willow Park in Logan, a really nice park and playground adjacent to a little zoo. It was a perfect location, especially for the kids to have a place to play, but Labor Day turned out to be unbelievably cold! When Ryan and Thomas and I went to leave for Logan it was very cold, blustery and raining. When we got there it wasn't raining, but it was quite chilly and everyone was huddled up and wearing coats. Thankfully as the afternoon wore on the sun eventually came out and it warmed up a bit. We had a nice afternoon eating, catching up, chasing the kids around the playground and walking through Willow Zoo. It was a small zoo with mostly lots of different kinds of birds, but they did have a few monkeys, some bobcats, coyotes and elk. Thomas enjoyed seeing all the animals and was so cute pal-ing around with his cousin Aiden. Tommy kept insisting that Aiden hold his hand as they walked along through the zoo and it was so cute! I love seeing Thomas make buddies with his cousins.

One silly thing was that Thomas and some of the kids ended up spending a lot of their time playing in the drinking fountain, filling up and dumping out cups of water. Thomas got soaked! It was a good thing I brought extra clothes, thinking he might get wet or dirty playing in the rain or mud!

It turned out to be a lovely afternoon and it was great to see my family. I was pleased at how many people turned up despite the dreary (at first) weather! Here's a photo of my grandparents, Cleon and Joyce Kotter. They are wonderful people and I love them so much!

4 comments:

Karen said...

It was so good to see you guys!!! Tommy is so cute. Love the pictures! =)

Luvnbnamom said...

It was very fun to see everyone! It was even funner when the sun peeked out! lol

Jen said...

How crazy! You were right by our home. Kate is always at that play ground and zoo. And I mean across the street by our home. Crazy. If only we had come out to the zoo at the same time you were there.

Fabiana said...

Looks! that you guays had fun!!! thomas it's so big and cute I can't wait to see him.