Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A TidBit from Tommy

One day last week I chose to make a very rare excursion away from the house with both children, by myself.

A very big deal. I avoid going out while outnumbered as much as possible.

But I just had to get out of the house. I'm practically a hermit anymore, but I had hit my limit. It was one of those days that I didn't care how difficult it would be with both kids.

I just had to get out.

Getting ready took forever, like it always does for such trips. I hadn't even left yet and was getting a little exasperated and impatient with all the tasks still at hand. Thomas sensed my frustration and said "Mommy, you gotta go insane now!" (Or something of the like).

My child knows me all too well. I apparently use that phrase a lot.

So, "Yes!" I said, "I'm going insane!"

And my three-year-old asked, hopefully and sincerely, with a face full of innocence...

"Can I come?"

=)

5 comments:

Erika said...

So cute!

Eventually I think you get over the avoidance... I've definitely gone out more with 3 than I did with 2. Part of that is probably because we have preschool to get to and so I'm already out. :) Hope the outing wasn't too stressful. I totally understand becoming a hermit, though. I have my weeks.

catherine said...

I love it! Cute, cute, cute!!!

I try to get us out of the house a lot. When I can manage to get us all dressed and out the door, that is. For me, it's really not that bad being out with 2 kids, it's the getting ready and leaving that is the hardest part. What did you guys end up doing? And was it a success?

I was thinking one of these days we should get together again, maybe take the kids and go to the Children's Museum at Gateway or the aquarium in South Jordan or something like that. Pumpkin patch somewhere half-way between us? What do you think? It was really fun seeing you, and I already miss you! :)

kathy said...

That is so cute. That's pretty impressive to load up both your little guys and head out. I hope it went well. And I agree with Catherine - it would be so fun to all get together again. Thanks for hosting last time! It was so good to see you. :)

Brenda said...

that right there is why we love our children, and a small part of why it is worth it.

Eric and Hayley said...

So so funny! That boy is hillarious :)