Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Success!!!

I have created my first ever, good ole' homemade header for this here blog!

It turned out purdy cute, if I do say so myself.

This is my first real attempt at digi-scrapping. I've never really scrapbooked...at all. I was never blessed with a talent for crafts, but I have long desired to become learn-ed in the ways of digital craftiness...I've proclaimed this for several years now. I have been tempted, oh have I, by those shelves and rows of touchable, lovely papers and all the fun scrapping goodies at Archiver's. But then I remember.... "Glue? Scissors? Glitter? Um, no thank you." I've been saving my energy and my sanity and my pennies for the digital scrapbooking world.

And gall-darn-it, I am finally (sorta) on my way.

Because a few days ago I finally downloaded the Photoshop Elements software my husband sweetly gave me.

For my birthday, in July.

In 2008.

(Eek.)

(Procrastinate much? No, not me.)

Thanks honey!

=)

3 comments:

Alys said...

I think it turned out cute! I love to do headers and backgrounds, too. Sometimes it takes too long so I just find one online. But, I love that I can do it when I want. Anyway, good work!

Erika said...

It's adorable! Great job. :) Let me know if you need any more practice...

Candice Warby said...

Digital scrapbooking is the best. I do it and absolutely love it. Faster, easier, cleaner, and cheaper. Can't complain. Your boys are so cute!