Monday, December 10, 2007

6 Years and Going Strong!


This last Saturday, December 8th, Ryan and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary. Crazy! I can't believe how quickly these years have passed. I still remember so clearly the nervous, excited feeling I used to get around Ryan when I first developed a crush on him, and how wildly happy and emotional I was the day he proposed to me. Ryan has been the greatest blessing of my life, and I could not have asked for a more devoted, loving, hard-working husband and wonderful father for my children.


Friday night we decided to give each other our gifts one day early, and Ryan also presented me with a beautiful bouquet of roses and lilies. We asked my mom to babysit Thomas all day Saturday and overnight til Sunday morning, so we could spend the whole day together and stay overnight somewhere. It was the first time we had someone watch Thomas overnight, and though I was a tiny bit anxious to leave him, I knew he was in good hands. Ryan and I planned a totally jam-packed day on Saturday: We did a session at the Mount Timpanogos Temple (where we were married) in the morning, then afterwards went to a matinee of the movie "August Rush," which was a great film! We had cut it kind of close and didn't have time to get lunch before going to the theater, so we went crazy at the movie concession stand and got hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, candy, and pop. After the movie we drove up to Salt Lake City where we had dinner at the Macaroni Grill, our favorite Italian restaurant. After dinner we went to a Christmas Concert put on by several successful local musicians: Ryan Shupe & the Rubberband, Peter Breinholt, and Sam Payne. After all this we were pooped! We stayed overnight in Salt Lake at the Anniversary Inn, a really cute, romantic bed and breakfast. It was a fabulous anniversary! I love you with all my heart Ryan!

11 comments:

catherine said...

Congrats on 6 years! I thought of you on Saturday :) It sounds like you guys had a great anniversary! That last pictures is a great one of the two of you. You both look great! Hope you're doing well. Let's get together soon (one of these days when the holiday rush is past I am heading down to Ikea... I know I've been saying that for months but it's the truth!), maybe we could plan something in Salt Lake that you and I and Brooke and Kathy could all go to?

Erika said...

Awww I still remember coming to your luncheon. :) Congrats! I'll be in Utah from the 18th to the 5th if you want to get together. :)

Heather said...

So cute!! It sounds like your anniversary was awesome. I'm glad you and Ryan had some quality alone time, that just doesn't happen much once kids come. And, by the way, you look great in both of those pictures!

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary! Doesn't time fly? Don't you love that you are still madly in love with your spouse? It sure makes life grand!

Glimpses of Audrey said...

Thanks Darci! I am really excited but my mom keeps asking me so many questions about all the details it gets kind of overwhelming at times :) Congrats to you as well! I always loved how I could tell how in love you and Ryan were and how happy you make each other. Your little boy is adorable as well! Happy holidays

Karen said...

Congratulations on 6 years!!! Keep it going strong. =) It sounds like you guys had a blast! Good for you for getting away, it is hard to do that with children.

Heather and Trevor said...

Yay! Happy anniversary! Wow! 6 years! AMAZING! I love Macaroni Grill and Love Peter Brienholt! Lucky you! What a fun Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

congrats darci! i can't believe you have been married 6 years already! it really does fly. and isn't anniversary inn the best? :)we are going there for our anniversary too.

S&J Jones Family said...

That's so awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun! We want to do something of the sort for our Christmas present to us when we go home. Maybe leave the kids with the parents and go to Bozeman or something for a night. Getaways are amazing! Congratulations, Darc!!

Zanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats and happy anniversary! Sorry, I deleted my first message, because I thought you might not recognize my nickname, and think, who the heck is that... :P