Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tommy's First Day in Nursery!

Thomas went to the Nursery at church for the first time today! He doesn't actually turn 18 months (the required age) until Jan 10th, and we hadn't even intended to take him in today, but Ryan took Thomas for a little "walk" after Sacrament, and ended up chasing him down the hallway where the nursery room is. Thomas ran straight in when he saw all the kids and toys! I felt mean taking him out again and I figured he was so close to being old enough anyway, and the nursery workers told us they were ok with it. So today was his first official nursery day! Thomas loved it and totally thought he was in Heaven with the toys, snacks, and big bunch of friends! He played really well with the other kids, but as usual, he was very tired and grumpy and ready to take a nap by the end of church. I sat in with him, but he barely even noticed I was still there and would probably have been just fine if I had left! He's usually really easy-going about being left in the care of others. But ~ I ~ was the one having a hard time leaving! I kept telling myself I should go so he could get used to me not being there, but I ended up staying the whole time. I guess I just wanted to watch his reaction to everything and be there for his first day...he was so cute! Next week and from now on I'll just drop him off. Though the idea of getting to relax and listen during the last two hours of church is really nice, I am having a hard time with how quickly my baby boy is growing up!

3 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

Wow he is so growing up too fast! So fun! :)

Hannah said...

I love how sometimes it is the adults that have the hard time "letting go" instead of the kids. You kind of think, "wait, don't you miss me? aren't you going to cry cause I'm leaving?" But, it's all worth it when you go to pick them up from nursery and they give you a big smile and say, "Hi Momma!" So don't worry, he loves you lots :).

kathy said...

how cute! thomas is getting to be such a big boy. that's great that he already loves nursery.