Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow!!!



Yesterday morning it was great to wake up to beautiful, new-fallen snow blanketing the ground and trees. I have to say, I don't particularly like winter...I grew up in Montana where winters are terribly, bitterly cold and seem to last 6 months. Ryan experienced the same thing growing up in Wyoming, and he feels an even stronger dislike for the cold months. But what I dislike more than winter is a winter with no snow! Its so depressing when the trees become barren and brown and the temperatures freezing, but with no snow to show for it! What's winter without a beautiful white landscape, or without fluffy snow to romp around in? Thomas was mesmerized when he looked out the window yesterday morning...I can't wait to take him out to build his first snowman! It was nice to have a relatively warm October and November, but now that the holiday season is in full swing, I want a White Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

I was totally shocked with the snow! We came from our VERY nice November to go to St. George and Disneyland and then I came home on Sunday to freezing cold snow!At least it's pretty! You should do Snow men and take pictures!:)

Karen said...

I was so excited to see snow on Saturday! I haven't touched snow in a few years. I don't like winter, but I was excited this year because I haven't had all 4 seasons in 4 years. I agree with you that winter is not winter without snow. My girls absolutely loved the snow, well I'm not sure about Madisynn, but McKenzie did! I hope Tommy had tons of fun!

S&J Jones Family said...

I agree, I like snow if it's going to be cold. I like getting out my winter wardrobe and the fun scarves and hot chocolate during the cold weather. We had freezing rain here and church was cancelled yesterday. It was fun to hang out and stay in our pj's yesterday.