Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tommy's Haircut


I got Thomas' hair cut professionally for the first time a couple of months ago, and afterwards I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera (it was in the car...I don't know what I was thinking for not going out to get it!)! Thomas was so great, he sat totally still for the stylist and didn't cry, didn't fuss, just looked into the mirror curiously while she snipped his hair. It was adorable and I was devastated that I didn't get pictures!

So, he was due for a haircut again this month, and the day before Valentine's Day I took him to Fantastic Sam's. I was totally armed and ready to snap a bunch of photos, but I was worried he would freak out this time, throw a fit and endanger his ears. But he was just as patient as before! He was totally calm and easy-going about it. He did move his head around a bit while he was taking in all the interesting objects and "toys" the stylist was using, but he didn't hardly make a peep or squirm at all. The stylist kept commenting on how amazed she was that he was being so good. He looks so handsome with his new spiky haircut!

I was so impressed with my little man! I really am blessed with a pretty laid-back kid...I need to remind myself of this on days when he's givin' me that extra dose of toddler attitude! I love my baby boy. =)

4 comments:

Nathan & Jen said...

WOW! I am very impressed. I am sure there is no way Katelynn would even sit in the chair let a lone get her hair cut. What a big guy he is. It was so nice to see you on Sunday. If you ever want to stop by on Thurs to play we'd love to see you!

Hannah said...

Way to go Thomas! I cut Erica's hair the other day and she was very concerned about the whole thing, like I was cuting off a part of her. She also wiggled the whole time and it was really hard to see if I was getting it straight. I think I'll have to try going somewhere next time :)

Karen said...

Good job Thomas! Madisynn needs her hair cut, but there is no way she would hold still. McKenzie did great for her first hair cut. It's amazing how different kids can be. I love the haircut! He is adorable!!!

Steph said...

LOVE this post-what a little punkin'. His little haircut is so handsome!