Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Valentine's Day


We went out to celebrate Valentine's Day one day early, since I had class on the actual evening of V-Day (bummer) and because all of our possible babysitters are married and we didn't want to interrupt their romantic evenings by asking them to babysit! So Wednesday night we took Thomas over to Nathan (Ryan's brother) and Fabi's house in Payson where he got to hang out with his cousin Julia. She is 3 and he's only 19 months, but they have so much fun and are so cute together! And Nathan and Fabi are so great with Thomas.

It was snowing hard and visibility was really bad that night...we had planned to go into Provo but decided just to stay in Spanish Fork and go to the Pizza Factory, which is one of our favorite restaurants anyway. We treated ourselves each to our own favorite specialty pizza (Alfredo, Tomato and Ham for me, Ranch Grilled Chicken for Ryan) and had cheesecake for dessert. Afterward we went to the Spanish Fork movie theater and I was able to talk Ryan into taking me to see "27 Dresses," a chick-flick all about weddings. I love anything weddings, so I loved it! And Ryan was a good sport about it...he even said he thought it was pretty good.



We went back to pick up Thomas and when we walked in we saw the cutest thing...Tommy and Julia laying on opposite ends of the couch, in their pajamas, cuddled under the same big blanket, watching "The Jungle Book." I wish I would've had my camera! Thomas gave us the biggest grin when we walked in...have I ever mentioned I think he's the cutest baby ever? =)


I always write a letter or in a card for Ryan on V-day, and I've started doing the same for Thomas, but I also like to give little gifts for Valentine's. For Ryan I got a box of chocolates and the DVD "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," a classic guy movie (which neither of us has ever actually seen!), and for Thomas I got M&M's, a children's book called "I Love You Through and Through" and the Disney movie "Aristocats"...I'm starting to collect all the classic Disney movies for our kids. Thomas loved the chocolate! He stole a bunch of daddy's chocolates and got a cute lil' chocolatey face. I also love to give balloons so I got them each a huge balloon...Ryan's was a giant heart-shaped tire lookin' balloon, and Thomas' was a silly, giant froggy with a heart that said "Be Mine." Thomas loved both balloons and has been playing with them all week. He likes to pull Ryan's balloon down over his head and around his waist and jump all over it, its so funny! Ryan gave me a card and a beautiful bouquet of roses, gerbera daises and cala lilies, which I loved...he always gets me such lovely and unique flowers!


We had a fun little Valentine's Day...I am so grateful for my two Valentines!

No comments: