Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Girls


Yesterday I got together for lunch with three of my girlfriends from my old ward in Provo--Aubrey, Marisa and Laura. It was so great to see them! Aubrey and I actually visit taught Marisa and Laura for a long time, and we all became good friends. I have really missed seeing them all and it was fun to have a little reunion! Marisa and Laura both have cute lil' babies that were born only two weeks apart from each other in October and November, and Aubrey and I had never come by to see them yet. So we got together at Laura's house, and it was wonderful to finally meet Marisa's cute boy Corban, and Laura's darling daughter Marne (pronounced Mar-nay...its actually spelled with an accent over the "e", but I don't know how to do it)! Aubrey brought her cutie, 14-month old Lucy (or Lucy Ruth, as I like to call her!) and I brought Thomas along, my crazy 20 month old. And he was CRAZY! It took a lot of energy to keep him from getting into everything and tearing Laura's house apart! He was running all over the place, and at one point he noticed Laura's cupcakes on the counter, which she had made for a birthday party later that night. He kept saying "Cookie!" and really wanted one, but I kept telling him "No buddy, those aren't ours!" Well, while I was distracted visiting with the girls, he pulled over a little stool to the stovetop, climbed up and grabbed a cupcake! When I caught him he had already taken a big bite. I laughed 'cause he is such a stinker! I can't turn my back on him for a second! Thanks for being so nice and patient with my crazy boy Laura! =)

Despite Thomas' antics, it was fun to have all the kids together. The babies were so sweet and really made me miss that time when Thomas was so little! (...and immobile!)

Thanks for a wonderful afternoon girls! =)

6 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Yay for girlie friend reunions! Isn't it fun to sit and gab about "the old days"?

Laura said...

Thomas was adorable! It was so fun getting together! Thanks for coming and for the yummy lunch too!

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh how fun! I wish I could have been there with you guys! I loved catching up on your last few posts too! You have such a darling little family! Miss you much!

Hannah said...

I love that he took a cupcake! So classic :) And really, who can blame him? I would have been tempted myself!

I wish I could have been there!

Eric and Hayley said...

I know I don't have a lot of room to talk, but Darci you need to do better at blogging. I'm dying to see the progress of your house...when's the move-in date? do you need someone to watch tom tom while you move? and what about easter? what did y'all do? okay that's all:)

Steph said...

How fun! I miss old friends! You are smart to get together when you can. I love your layout by the way, super cute.