Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hockey Boy


Yesterday Thomas and I got back from running some late afternoon errands and we ended up staying outside while Tommy played hockey in the driveway with Uncle Jared. Tommy loves to play hockey! He discovered a toy hockey stick in Grandma's toy bin a week or two ago and has been carrying it around everywhere ever since, hitting around balls and toys...we have to watch to make sure he doesn't get carried away! But last night it was so cute...it was the first time he had played hockey outside and he really handled the little stick pretty well! He totally went after the puck and swung that stick at it hard. At one point he got a hold of Jared's full-size hockey stick and wouldn't give it back! They were having a great time and I let Thomas play until it was almost dark, but he of course threw a fit when I brought him in. Even though the day had been so nice and warm (woohoo, c'mon spring!), it was getting pretty cold by that point...but he just wanted to keep playin'!

So I think we might just be adding another hockey player to the family! Jared and my other younger brother Travis are big hockey players and have been since they were little. Jared is in youth hockey practically year round and Travis is a junior at BYU and plays on their hockey team, the Icecats. Travis was on his mission when Thomas was born, and they didn't meet until Thomas was about 8 months old. When Travis finally met Thomas he told me, "I will bring him up in the ways of hockey!" I laughed then, but I think Thomas really is growing up to be a hockey boy!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

How cute! I love when kids get so excited about something new. I think it's funny that people say kids don't have a long attention span because they can focus on one thing FOREVER! Really, they just have attention span for different things...