Monday, December 15, 2008

2,557 Days

That's 7 years of marriage! One week ago, on December 8th, Ryan and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. It really is amazing to me how that much time has passed...in one way, it seems there's no way its been that long already and that the time has just flown, but in another way, it feels like its been much longer than that! It blows me away to think that in just a few short years we will have been married for a decade!

Our anniversary was on a Monday, but Ryan took a half day off of work and my mom stayed with Thomas so Ryan and I could go on a much-needed date! Amazingly enough, we spent some of our time going shopping...quite unusual for Ryan, as he usually avoids shopping like the plague! But we both had a good time...first we went to a discount art gallery where we bought a beautiful painting for our great room, then we went to Michael's to get some Christmas decor. Amazing as it is that my husband was willing to go to a craft store, we've both just been really excited about decorating for this first Christmas in our new home!

After shopping we went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant, the Macaroni Grill. It was a real treat to go to that specific restaurant, because we never do anymore...it feels a little more fancy to me than a lot of other restaurants, and I can't ever bring myself to take Thomas there. Even though we sometimes do go to sit-down restaurants with him along, he's not exactly a little gentleman while we're there, as I'm sure you other toddler mom's can relate! So it was wonderful to go to one of our favorite places and enjoy the food and atmosphere, just the two of us.

After thoroughly stuffing ourselves we went to see the movie "Australia," and we both absolutely loved it. Its a fabulous, sweeping epic, and I thought it was the perfect date movie...it has both action and romance, and the historical elements of the movie were extremely interesting. I highly recommend it!

It was a wonderful day spent celebrating and remembering the day our life together started. Thank you Ryan, for loving me and putting up with me all these years! Here's to 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 x 7 (and so on...) more! I love you!

5 comments:

Eric and Hayley said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the wedding pics. You two look so YOUNG. Not that you are old looking now, but seriously you both look fresh out of H.S. Hahaha...Eric and I probably will think the same thing in a few years too. But they are beautiful pics. My first thought was oh she's so Cinderella looking:) Congrats!!!!

kathy said...

Congrats on 7 years! I can't believe it was that long ago. I still totally remember your lunch and how happy you both looked. :)

Mrs. J said...

Congrats on your seven year anniversary! Time rely does fly by I remember when you first got married. Sounds like you had wonderful day together!

Fabiana said...

Happy anniversary !!!! a little late... 7 yrs. and how many more to go????

Anonymous said...

you look so beautiful ! happy anniversary!!