Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Pink or Blue Bundle of Joy?

The verdict is in, its a BABY BOY!!!

Little Mister was not shy at all during his ultrasound yesterday! The technician was only a minute or so into the ultrasound...I don't think she was even looking for the gender yet...and she suddenly said "Oh - did you see that?" And immediately I knew she meant it was a boy! Ryan and I both kinda thought deep-down it was going to be a boy, and we are very excited! Everything else on the ultrasound looked good too, which is wonderful to know.

We are so excited to be the parents of two little boys! We have absolutely loved having a boy the first time around, and having two will be wonderful and lots of fun (though I'm sure, exhausting at times!)! I'm so excited about Tommy having a little brother to pal around with, and I love thinking about Ryan with his two little guys...rough-housing, doing all the boy stuff, riding dirtbikes together in the far-off future, stuff like that. Even though I said I was hoping for a girl, I'm very happy I get to be the mommy of another sweet little boy! Awhile back, shortly after Thomas was born, I used to say I wanted to have two boys in a row first (that's how it is in both my family and Ryan's). It will be great having two big brothers in the family to take care of all their siblings, like scaring off their future sister's boyfriends...haha! =)

My mom watched Thomas during the appointment, and when we saw him afterward and told him he was going to have a baby brother, his first response was a loud "NO!" which made us laugh. But, I still don't know if he completely grasps the concept. Even though I'm sure it will take some adjusting on his part, I think Thomas will be a great big brother!

After the appointment we went out to eat to celebrate. I wanted to go to Los Hermanos, a Mexican restaurant whose food I love and have craved like crazy during my pregnancy, and bless his heart, Ryan humored me and we went there, even though he doesn't particularly love it. Thank you honey!

So now I'm going to get out all of Thomas' baby clothes and have fun getting everything ready! I never really took much time to organize Thomas' old clothes and store them in tubs or anything...I actually have piles and piles of the clothes and shoes he's grown out of filling the shelves in his closet! Now I don't feel guilty at all for not having taken the time to store them away! And, I may just spoil myself a little and buy a few new things, just for fun. =)

On to the naming game! I have some names left over from when we were pregnant with Thomas, but I get a little stressed about choosing a name and need some more ideas. I'm one of those people who has to wait to see the baby before I can possibly decide on a name. I always fear that once I see the baby, none of the names I've thought of will fit, and we'll be sitting in the hospital, needing to leave, trying to decide on a name! Thankfully that didn't happen with Thomas...he was named almost immediately after his birth and Ryan and I both knew that he was definitely a Thomas! I hope it happens as easily this time around. =)

Also, I am exactly 20 weeks along today...halfway! This pregnancy seems to be going really quickly to me so far. I hope it continues to go quickly once I hit the third trimester! I'm excited to feel the baby kicking now, even though its just here and there and not consistent at all yet. Every time I stop and hold still to feel it, he stops of course! Feeling those little movements is probably my favorite part of being pregnant.

Though I'm nervous about the challenges of becoming a parent of two, I'm excited for the day when we'll have a new little son in our home!

11 comments:

Luvnbnamom said...

Congratualtions!! I am so excited for you and jelous that your getting your 2nd boy! As for names...how about Edward! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Having 2 boys-- wow! You are such a great mom, this new baby is very lucky to be going to your home!

kathy said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting that you will have another little boy - and Thomas can have a little buddy. I think that's cute that you're going to wait until you see your little guy to name him. :)

Anonymous said...

congrats! hope everything goes wonderful! we will be thinking of you, two little boys, thats great!!

catherine said...

Congratulations! You thought it was going to be another boy, didn't you? I know you were girl-hungry originally but I think you and Ryan will do great with another boy, and Thomas will be so thrilled!

I am a little jealous of you and Kathy already knowing what you are having, but I guess it is my choice, huh?! I really want to be surprised at the birth this time, but I am seriously dying to know here!!! I still have 22 weeks to go before I find out if my bundle of joy is pink or blue! I'm going crazy!

Hannah said...

I'm glad that pregnancy is going fast for you! I NEVER goes fast for me...Congrats on boy number 2!

chingchong7 said...

Congratulations! You need to come visit everyone at the mall so we can see your prego belly!

Mrs. J said...

Congratualtions! I am excited for you! When is your due date? Thats nice your pregnancy is flying by!

DaNae said...

Congrats! 2 little boys will be so much fun.

S&J Jones Family said...

Congratulations, Darcy! That's wonderful news! We really enjoy having 2 boys in a row. They are becomming great playmates as Baer grows older.

Erika said...

Congratulations!! How much fun! They will be little play mates. :)