Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Jacob at 2 months

Its amazing how fast time goes after a baby is born and how quickly newborns change! As of June 25th my brand new baby turned 2 months old. He's starting to get so fun....he's cooing, smiling, and just getting cuter and more handsome. I fall in love with him more every day! I am so excited for all the phases that are to come!

Jacob had his 2-month well check on the exact day he turned 2 months, and the word the doctor kept using over and over as he examined him was "outstanding." As the doctor said how pleased he was with Jacob's development and growth, I just couldn't help feeling so incredibly grateful for my two healthy children...I've come to realize it really is a great, great blessing to have a healthy child, and I don't take it for granted.

Jacob continues to be a big boy, just like his big brother has always been...at his checkup Jacob's weight was in the 87th percentile and his height was in the 97th percentile. I love that my boys are tall for their age! I keep imagining them both when they're in their late teens or early 20s, as these two 6 ft 3 (or something), handsome men. I keep imagining how all the girls will talk about how gorgeous Tom and Jake Laidlaw are! I definitely sound like a gloating mom, but I can't help it! I'm sure all other mothers imagine the same kind of things sometimes. =)

I adore all the sweet little sounds Jacob has begun to make...my favorite is what I call the "Goo" sound, which he does ever-so-softly, and this gurgly little "Gggggg" sound that Thomas loves too, and always tries to imitate. I also love the sweet little smiles Jacob gives us. When he was younger we used to think he was kind of smiling at us sometimes and of course he would smile in his sleep sometimes, but now they are starting to feel more and more like real smiles. I can't wait for all the cute smiling and giggling that is to come and to watch his personality really blossom over the course of his first year. Even though I've always wanted multiple children anyway, I know now one of the big reasons why people have more than 1 child...it is so fun and wonderful to watch a child grow and develop and discover in the first few years! I look at Thomas, my big 'n' tall kid, and its amazing to remember that he was once a tiny 2-month-old baby just like Jacob!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I just had Katy's check up & my favorite thing the Dr said to me is that I am a good mommy! Gotta love pediatricians!