Sunday, April 20, 2008

Once Freshmen, Now Mommies!

Last Tuesday afternoon I ventured up to Woods Cross (North Salt Lake City area) to visit my good friend Brooke at her house, along with my good friend Catherine who came down from South Weber (Ogden area). Brooke was my roommate in the dorms our freshman year of college at BYU (2000-2001) and Catherine was our next door neighbor. I love that we have stayed friends all these years, even as we have gotten married, moved further away, had babies and developed busy lives. Our freshman year was the funnest, craziest year, and one of the best of my life! I loved being a college girl and was lucky to make so many awesome friends...we all had a great time and made so many fun memories together. We missed our other freshman group pals: Kathy, who lives in Provo but works during the day, and Afton, who lives in California now. We missed you girls! =)

One of the reasons I really wanted to visit Brooke was because I had never met her little girl, Lily, who is 9 months old. When I finally met her she was SO cute, just the chubbiest, smiliest, most giggly, darling little girl! She is just about a year younger than Thomas. I had so much fun holding her and imagining having my own little princess! (I am so baby hungry for a girl lately!) Catherine brought her little boy Samuel, who is only 2 1/2 months younger than Thomas...we love that they are so close in age! Its been awhile since they've seen each other, and they were so funny together at Brooke's house--kind of wrestling and pushing and making each other upset, then hugging and making up, then starting the cycle over! Its really interesting because Catherine and I got married exactly 3 weeks apart, both waited four years before getting pregnant, and then both had boys really close together. Brooke and Afton had little girls very close together, and I like to joke that me and Catherine's boys are going to marry Brooke and Afton's girls! =)

So it was a fun little reunion...we just had pizza and talked while letting the kids play. We had hoped it would be nice enough to go over to a nearby park, but the weather was icky that day. I am so mad at myself because I brought my camera to take photos of us together and then I totally spaced it! Hate it when I do that. Anywho, It was a fun time, I definitely need to get together with my old girlfriends more often!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I had fun visiting with you two also. I wish that we lived closer so we could do that more often! Can't wait to visit you at your new house.

Afton said...

You must have had so much fun!! Wish that I could have been with you all. Maybe you girls should take a weekend get-away to sunny california!! :) We did have a fun freshman year didn't we! Lots of great memories. I love being able to stay connected to you through your blog.

kathy said...

that sounds like so much fun! we will have to all get together sometime (california would be nice.) :) i so love being able to keep up with everyone's adventures through blogs, but there's nothing like hanging out together.

Karen said...

It's so fun getting together with old friends! One of my best friends in Cali has 2 boys the same age my McKenzie and Madisynn. Well my girls are just a little bit older. It was always fun to see them playing together. My friend now lives in Germany, so who knows when I'll see her again! It just teaches you to enjoy and make the best of every situation!