Tuesday, April 1, 2008

So Close!


I haven't posted photos of our new house for awhile, so I thought I would give a little update (especially for you, Mom and Dad Laidlaw!). Our home is getting so close to being done, I am suffering severe bouts of anticipation! This is what the outside looks like right now, but my most recent photos of the inside are from a couple of weeks ago...a lot has happened since then! The inside has been painted, the wood trim has all been stained, and this week the cabinets are going in...I am so excited! Over the next few weeks the countertops, interior stone, lighting, appliances, window coverings and carpet will go in and the hardwood floors will be stained. We will probably be completely finished around the end of this month and move in the beginning of May...I really hope, anyway! Our "estimated completion" date has been pushed forward so many times, it could definitely happen again. But I am just happy that we will be moving in during warmer weather and that we'll get to enjoy spring and summer in our brand new home!

Here's a few shots of the inside...some of them didn't turn out that well but you can still see okay. Hopefully a month from now I will be posting photos of the totally finished product!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

You must be so excited. It look so awesome! Keep the pictures coming.

Afton said...

What a great looking house. I am so happy for you!!

Heather and Trevor said...

Ummmm, your house is absolutely gorgeous Darc! I am so Happy for you! I want to come and visit! :) Keep the pictures coming! YOu are ALWAYS welcome to escape the coled here and visit us k?! :)

April said...

WOW! You are living the life of luxoury! That bathroom looks awesome, big tub, fireplace! I am so jealous!!!! Future nursery uh? Baby number two?!? We hope you three are doing great!!!

DaNae said...

I love the pictures of your house! How exciting that you will be moving in soon.

The Reynolds said...

Your house looks great, you guys! How fun for you all. I hope the completed project is everything you wanted. I love seeing the pics.

Karen said...

I love it! It reminds me of my parents house in a way. You have great taste, it is absolutely gorgeous! You guys totally deserve it, and I hope it will be done soon. Can't wait to see it in person!

Candice Warby said...

I can't believe your house! It's like a dream home. We'll have something that nice someday. I'm so happy for you guys (and a little jealous too)! It will be fun to come to Utah and have a chance to stay with you. Best of luck with finishing it and moving in.

Gertsch Family said...

Hey Darc your house is awesome! It is so much fun having a new house! You will love it! I'm s happy for you! Hope all is well:)

S&J Jones Family said...

Oh, It's beautiful! Can I come take a bath in your awesome tub? Haha! I bed you are so excited!