Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Budding "Twilighter"

In all reality, I spent most of our afore-mentioned camping weekend reading "Twilight" for the first time...I stole away every chance I got to read! I know, I know...all you Twilighters out there are blown away that I took so long to read these books, right? It seems I'm always behind on these trends. My mom hadn't read them yet either, and at one point during our camping trip I let her borrow my book for a little while when I was busy. She got pulled in pretty quickly, and after I took it back she was a little impatient for me to finish so she could borrow it! Before the trip I went to buy "New Moon" and I brought it with me so I could keep reading if I finished the first book. But, I didn't manage to finish "Twilight" until the night we got back from camping...I took a long post-camping shower, then stayed up until 3 or 4 AM so I could finish reading! And, yes, I loved it of course! So now I'm on to "New Moon" and my mom's reading "Twilight." I'm trying to hurry through the books so I can buy "Breaking Dawn" and see how it all turns out! And I am getting soooooo excited about the movie in December. I was pretty skeptical at first, mostly about the casting. But I'm always checking Stephenie Meyer's website for updates on the movie, and I've been watching all the clips and behind-the-scenes stuff she has links to...now I am really beginning to believe its going to be awesome! Like every other Twilighter on the planet, I am very interested to see how Edward Cullen is portrayed onscreen! Though I'll be sad when I'm finished reading all the books, I'm happy knowing they'll probably make all four into movies eventually. Oh, the joy of cinema! =)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah I'm completely obsessed! I read all of them in like a week! So good. I'm so glad that you're reading them! I so can't wait for the movie to come out as well. It's going to drive me crazy waiting for it! =)

Erika said...

Yes! Twilight is awesome! I just finished Breaking Dawn. It didn't go anything like I was expecting and I loved it! The movie was filmed out here and I got called to be an extra, but I couldn't leave my kids for 5 days to do it. :( Anyway, I'm excited too!

Hannah said...

I'm excited for the movie too! I hope it lives up to expectations. I have breaking dawn but haven't read it yet because I want to reread the first three again :)

Eric and Hayley said...

This is the best site (in my opinion) to go to for Twilight updates etc. Since you are a little behind with the books (hehehe:) you could probably spend hours reading back through all of the years worth of comments, updates, etc....

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/

The Kotters said...

finally finally finally you read the books. I told you you'd be obsessed with them to. Twilighters.org is a great website to check out as well but there might be some spoilers if you haven't finished new moon or eclipse. Ronda bought new moon while here with us and she's almost done with it I think!! I'm glad the craziness of my obsession is rubbing off. Zane and I are a little more than half way through breaking dawn. This will be my second time reading it!