Sunday, August 24, 2008

Love This Place!

Yesterday I went to IKEA for the first time ever! They opened a store in nearby Draper over a year ago. I've heard so much about it and have been wanting to go forever! So I finally made plans and went with my mom, who had been there before...it was nice to have her for a "guide." =)

And I was toddler-free, again! 4 times in a week and a half! It will definitely be hard to go back to the normal way of life...thanks so much to Jared, my little bro, for watching Thomas!

As soon as we walked into IKEA I loved it...the atmosphere is so cool, and it makes you feel hip just being there. =) The first stop we made was at the eatery because we were both starving. The food was really good...I got pasta with their yummy meatballs and a fabulous apple-pie type dessert with vanilla sauce....mmmmm. We got all fueled up to shop! I couldn't wait to go to the children's section, because I'm starting to get really excited about redecorating Tommy's room once he moves into a "big boy" bed sometime in the near future. They have so much cute stuff for kids! I think I could've spent an hour or two in that section alone!

As we looked at everything, there was so much furniture I was wishing I could buy! Its funny, because I'm not that into the modern/contemporary style that makes up most of everything at IKEA... my tastes are generally more traditional ...but I still found lots of stuff that I loved! I ended up getting two really inexpensive, cute black metal tables to use as nightstands, and a couple other cheap little odds and ends. I can't wait to go back again, especially when Tommy's room is ready for a makeover!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, IKEA is a dangerous place. You find all sorts of things you never new you needed, but now that you see it, you HAVE to have it! That's why I can't go more than once a year :)

Karen said...

I love IKEA! It's a fun place to go. I love their organization furniture, and want to get some! I need to go soon, but that will be dangerous! LOL =)

Heather and Trevor said...

Omigosh! I LOVE IKEA! It is the best! I love to eat their food their. Good thing I live a way away from one now. :) So fun!

S&J Jones Family said...

Sounds like it would be very dangerous for me. I have never been either. Cute tables. OH, by the way...where did you get that organizer thing for Ryan's phone/pda/wallet? I saw it and I think Spencer needs one.

S&J Jones Family said...

Thanks! I use a tripod and a remote, now I'm sure you aren't as impressed.