Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Autumn Love

Everyone is talking about how much they love fall, and I am definitely one of those people! I love the crisp, fresh, cool feeling of autumn days, and the unique beauty the season brings to everything. Like many people in the Provo area, my husband and I take a drive up Provo Canyon and the Alpine Loop every fall, to see the beautiful changing colors and experience autumn in the mountains. Alpine Loop has a particularly special meaning to Ryan and I, because that is where he asked me to be his wife. It was right at the end of September, and so every year right around that same time, we make the journey up to where we decided to spend eternity together, and we relive the feelings of that day.

We made our drive this last Sunday and spent some time at one of our favorite spots, where we like to take pictures every year. We had our engagement pictures up the Alpine Loop as well, so its fun to go through and look at photos of us each passing year, at the same exact spot. (Ryan proposed to me at a different spot, which is harder to reach and a bit of a hike in...he made me work for that ring! =) It was terribly romantic though.)

Now I love bringing Thomas with us to the place where some of our most special memories were made. Its amazing to think that we became engaged 6 long years ago, and to see now the wonderful reward that our life together has brought us...our beautiful son!

2 comments:

DaNae said...

I love your blog and the fall feel to it!! It will be fun to keep up with you now!!

Heather and Trevor said...

I am so glad that you are blogging! It is the best! It is so fun to look at other friends and families blogs and get and leave comments. I have added you to our Favorite people and can't wait to hear more from you! :)