Saturday, October 6, 2007

I ♥ Halloween!

I am realizing more and more every year how much I love Halloween! Its just such a fun, whimsical holiday when kids and adults alike can get creative and be anything they want to be! Last year was Thomas' first Halloween, and it was so fun to dress him up and carve a little "family" of pumpkins together. I am even more excited this year...I went out and got a bunch of decorations for my house, and I have committed to finding an awesome costume for myself. Every year I think about dressing up, then I don't (or I throw something together last-minute), and then I'm sad about it! So I'm going to find a fabulous costume this year. I'm not quite decided for sure on what I'll be, but I'm having fun looking at all the options!

As for Thomas, I decided on his costume months and months ago! Last year he was an adorable little lion...it was the cutest costume and I fell absolutely in love with it! But in my search I also found another costume online that I really liked: it was a dragon with wings, a long, stuffed tail and spikes all down the back. It was pretty expensive, plus I had already chosen Thomas' costume, so I didn't think too much about it. But after Halloween, the site had a big clearance sale and it was only a third of the original price...I was so excited! I was a little nervous to get it, because I would have to guess what size Thomas would be in a year, plus I was worried I would regret having bought it if I found something I liked better later. I decided the price was just too good to pass up, and I went for it. I was so excited to get it out of the box a few days ago and try it on Thomas, after waiting for so long...thankfully it fits! And even with all the cute new costumes out, I still absolutely love it. I can't wait to take lots of pictures!

Last year's Jacks...can you guess whose was whose?

3 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

I love Halloween too! It is definatley my favorite Holiday! I loved last Halloween at the ward Halloween party! So fun! I need to see you so I can see Thomas in his costume. Emma is going to be a little Witch. We will see how it turns ouT!

Hannah said...

Darci! I didn't know you had a blog! Thanks to the Jenson fam blog, I found a link to it. Hooray! So glad I can keep in touch with you.

I remember that cute little lion last year. Doesn't time fly?? Erica is going to be a little chick this year. I'm hoping to train her to say "peep peep!"

S&J Jones Family said...

We just seem to follow each other around online, don't we! Haha. James is going to be a lion this year. Baer is going to be.....a bear :) I'm knitting a little hat with ears and mitten & booties with paw prints for him. I love making elaborate costumes but I just don't have the time this year, so I'm STILL searching for a costume for myself. Have you found one for you yet? When I look online for a costume all I find is sexy this, sexy that. Let me know if you find any good costume places!!