Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Happy Halloween!



Today was a full, fun and busy Halloween! I am absolutely pooped! I spent part of the day running around doing errands, and after Thomas' first nap I took him to the park right by our house in his adorable dragon costume for a little photo shoot. I did this last year when he was just three months old and it was really fun. He looked so cute! Today was a beautiful sunny day (thankfully! It seems Halloween is traditionally snowy...) and there are leaves everywhere and its just a fun backdrop. I had a hard time keeping up with him though...he was running all over the place exploring, so most of the pictures I got were of his back! =) But I did manage to snap a few gems.

I also spent some time ironing my own costume and getting everything ready...I decided to be a princess! I found a pretty cute, royal-blue velvety costume online and bought a tiara to go with it. I was never once a princess for Halloween when I was growing up, so I figured it was high time! Plus I liked the idea of being the princess to Thomas' dragon...in fact, I really wanted Ryan to dress up as a knight to go along with the theme, but he's not too keen on wearing costumes. I think if I had just gone ahead and got him a costume I probably would have been able to convince him to wear it, but I guess I'm just a nice wife. =)

In the evening we went over to our church house for a trunk-or-treat, and the turn out was huge! I thought I had bought lots of candy, but there were so many people we ran out in about 10 minutes! Then we took Thomas around the parking lot to collect his own loot...it was so fun to take him trick-or-treating for the very first time! We didn't get him a ton of candy, but he got a glowstick from someone and was totally mesmerized and happy with that. It was fun to see all the kids (and adults!) in their cute, funny, and impressively original costumes. I am always amazed by people's creativity at Halloween. There are so many great costume ideas out there, its almost sad that Halloween only comes around once a year! I am already excited for next year.

There was also a little carnival going on inside the church, where they had games and goodies and crafts. Thomas was getting tired at this point, but he was having a lot of fun watching everybody and even did a little dancing to the music! He eventually found his way over to the ring toss game, where they had a little baby pool filled with water and rubber duckies that you had to toss a ring over. He had fun splashing in the water and reaching for the ducks...he was so enthusiastic, I was worried he'd try climbing in! He couldn't really toss the rings, but the "carneys" gave him a rubber ducky anyway.

Then we came home, ate some candy, admired our pumpkins for a little bit and then put Thomas to bed. Ryan and I had planned to watch a movie, but we were both so beat we decided not to after all. Ryan's already snoozing, and I'm on my way there right now! It was a great Halloween day, and I love all the fun memories that were made!

6 comments:

Heather and Trevor said...

I want to see some pictures!! You are so good to post the night of! I am so proud of your blogging skills already! :)

Hannah said...

He is a very cute dragon! Awesome pictures. I can't get Sam to dress up either...but I guess it saves money that way! ha ha!

Eric and Hayley said...

Darci, I love his costume, you were right its so stinkin' cute! did you cut your hair? in the prety princess pics it looks a little shorter? either way, i like it. excited to see y'all at thanxgivin!

KyleandAmanda said...

Oh my gosh! He is such a adorable dragon! I love your princess costume. I am proud of you for dressing up. Hope you guys are doing well!

Steph said...

I love his little costume! What a little sweety. Seeing him in his costume made me think of our little mom's group ward Halloween get-together last year. Wasn't he a lion? That ward was so fun, I miss it! Well, hope you guys are doing well! I am making my blog private, so would you mind sending me your e-mail? Thanks! :)

Karen said...

That is the cutest costume ever!!! He is adorable! It looks like you guys had a blast!