Friday, April 17, 2009

No Baby Yet!

Still pregnant! We are quite surprised he hasn't arrived yet. I totally expected him to be here by now, since Thomas was 12 days early. But I guess just because that happened the first time around doesn't mean it will this time! And I'm still early...my due date is Wednesday, April 22nd, so we're still 5 days out. I've been having "practice" contractions, especially the last couple of days, which feel a little uncomfortable at times, but I know they're common in the weeks and days preceding delivery. I haven't felt anything drastic enough yet that has made me think, "Oh, its starting, we're going to the hospital today." At my doctor appointment on Monday (April 13th) I was no more dilated or effaced than the previous week. I am feeling in extreme anticipation, wondering when the big day will be! I wake up every day thinking, "It will probably be today." And then I go to bed that night surprised! So, we'll see what happens!

It has been nice to have more time than I expected to get some things done, but I have to say I think everyday about how excited I am to not be pregnant anymore. This pregnancy hasn't been miserable or anything...it has pretty much been easier than the first...but the last month of pregnancy is just so not fun in general, and I can't wait for my body to start getting back to normal (though *truly* getting back to normal will take some time). =) I'm particularly excited for my bladder to have some more space again! I am so tired of constant trips to the bathroom!

And of course, the number one thing I'm excited about is our Baby. It is still so surreal to me, even as pregnant as I am, that we will soon have a second child. I don't think it will feel entirely real to me until I have him in my arms!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I know how you feel! Although I am still 6 weeks away from my due date, I to am ready with all the same feelings. Can't wait to hear that you have a new little one.
Brenda Bassett eddington

kathy said...

Good luck Darci! You've got to be careful with a post like this... our little guy decided to come right after I wrote my "still pregnant" post. :) I'm so excited for you guys.

Maggie said...

I was thinking while reading your post the same "surreal" thoughts. I find it SOOO strange that a girl as non-girly as me is going to have TWO little girls soon! Crazy! Anyway, good luck & I know everything will be easier then you anticipate, you are a WONDERFUL mommy!