Saturday, April 11, 2009

One Thing I Gave Up On (For a Time)

Well, I can't say I really tried that hard to start potty-training Thomas. It was something I had really wanted to accomplish before the baby arrived, but some weeks ago now I simply decided I didn't have the energy and time to commit to it right then, with everything else I was trying to do. I think I had hoped he would potty-train super easily...we spent a LOT of time talking about it before I ever got him a potty seat, and he seemed really excited and eager, but when I finally got one he was more excited about the idea of the seat than actually sitting on it. He's only sat on it twice, maybe three times, but he's never actually "gone" at all. Once I managed to snag a few photos before he hopped off...he's not "exposed," I promise! I originally really wanted to get him a little potty chair instead of a seat to put on the toilet, but when we went to check out the potty chairs at the store he was already too big for all of them!

So...I'll have two kids in diapers for awhile, but hopefully only a short while. I don't want to wait too much longer...Thomas turns 3 in July...and I truly do think he is ready if I will commit to really working at it. We'll see how it goes when we really take a crack at it...any tips about what worked/didn't work for you experienced parents would be great!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hey Darci! I can't tell you from experience an easy way to potty train a boy (Jay was going on 4 before he would poop in the potty!) but my cousin had MAJOR success with the "Potty Time with Elmo" movie. Her little girl watched it a zillion times a day & just wanted to do it. By the way, she is just barely 2! She has been potty trained for a few months now! If the desire is there, I've heard this is a GREAT way to go! Love you & SOOOO excited for you to almost done being pregnant. Me next, me next!